20th February 2021 - we will not be holding any clinics at the surgery for week beginning 22nd February 2021 this is due to no delivery of Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine. There will be a clinic on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th February at Old Coulsdon Congregational Church, address below. We will be inviting patients via text message for these clinics. You will receive a link which you can click on to book the appointment.
Pzifer vaccine can only be administerd from Old Coulsdon Congregational Church, Coulsdon Road, Surrey CR5 1EH. This is due to the fragility of the vaccine.
Who can have the covid vaccination currently: Anyone aged over 60 years of age , if you have not yet been contacted by the surgery to invite you in for your covid vaccine please contact the surgery.
We are also beginnign to invite those patients who meet the criteria for Group 6 as determined by JCVI.
1) Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group which includes:
- Chronic respiratory disease (see notes below for asthma)
- Chronic heart disease and vascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, including severe or profound learning disability.
- Diabetes mellitus (Any diabetes, including diet-controlled diabetes).
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbid obesity BMI >40
- Severe mental illness i.e., those with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, or any mental illness that causes severe functional impairment
2) Younger adults in long-stay in-patient, nursing and residential care settings
3) Adult carers: Those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person, someone who has a severe mental illness or whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
Only severe asthmatics are included in Group 6. Severe asthma is defined as those that have had a previous hospital admission for asthma or needed 3 courses if oral steroids in the past 3 months. All other asthmatics will be vaccinated as you become eligible according to your age in the future.
Please bear with us while we work through this group over the coming weeks. Please do not ring the surgery for an appointment unless you have been invited. We will be in touch when it is your turn. As always, we are grateful for your patience and co-operation.
Have a good day and stay safe everyone!
The Pfizer vaccine an only be administered to patients from the 5 surgeries in our PCN (Primary Care Network) from Old Coulsdon Congregational Church, Coulsdon Road CR5 1EH. This is due to the delivcate nature of this vaccine meaning it cannot be transported. There is parking in the Tudor Rose Pub which is on the opposite side of the road to the church, this is a pay and display parking system. There is also parking in the surrounding roads of the church as well as on the Coulsdon road itself, but we would ask that you are respectful of the residents who live there by not obstructing their drives. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this location. When you are booked for your appointment, you will be told which site you need to arrive at.
Published: Dec 10, 2020